Family Planning Medicaid
Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and the Department of Health (DOH) have implemented the Family Planning Medicaid Waiver Program, also known as "Family Planning Medicaid for Today's Woman."
Who is eligible for the Family Planning Medicaid for Today's Woman program? A woman may qualify for this program if she:
- Is between the ages of 14 and 55
- Has lost full Medicaid services for any reason in the past 24 months
- Wants to have family planning services
- Is not pregnant
- Has not had a hysterectomy or sterilization (tubes tied)
- Has a household income less than or equal to 185% of the current federal poverty level
What services are available through this program?
- Physical exams which may include a pap smear, breast exam, and STD testing
- Family planning counseling and pregnancy test
- Birth control supplies including condoms
- Colposcopies and treatment for STDs which are limited to a six week period after a family planning exam, counseling visit, or supply visit
- Related pharmaceuticals (medicines and antibiotics) and laboratory test
Please note: Transportation is NOT a covered benefit.
All Services are CONFIDENTIAL
How to sign up for the Family Planning Medicaid program?
Women interested must complete an application, provide proof of identity, and proof of income. Applications may be viewed and printed from these links:
Women who had Medicaid during pregnancy do not have to apply, they are automatically enrolled for the first year. All women must reapply for the second year of services.
For more information call 772-221-4000 Option #3.